On Wednesday, March 24, 2021, I attended the monthy State Board meeting at the NYS FOP Headquarters in Hicksville. Several issues were discussed.
- FOP Plates Program: The License Plate Program is going strong
- Good of the Lodge: Is your Lodge celebrating a milestone anniversary this year? Please let me, Mike Nied know as far in advance as possible via an email, firstname.lastname@example.org so that I may request the National Lodge issue a specail certificate to be sent to you to commemorate the occasion.
- NYS FOP: Tonight's meeting was called to order and was dedicated to Timmy Motto and two (2) other Lodge leaders. President Essig's Five (5) year plan is to
make the Hicksville Building solvent. As of October 13, 2021 the dues that each lodge pays to the State for each member will be increased to $36 for Active/Retired and Associate
members of which $5 of Active/Retired dues will go toward the building plan and $1 of the Associate dues will go toward Scholarships. (This was an State Executive Board decision, NO vote was
- The FOP Legislative Committee: NO Lodge can make a political endorsement. All recommendations will go through our Legislative Committee and the final call will be made by our
lobbist Bob Unger. Under the NY "Safe Act", members were reminded that a Health Professional is able to pull your firearm.
- Charity Committee: None
- Survivor's Aide: None
- State FOP Foundation: None
- National Memorial: Washington Police Week will be October 13 thru October 17, 2021
- NYS Empire State Police Officer Memorial: This years Memorial at State Headquarters will be on Saturday, May 1, 2021. It will NOT be like those in the past. It will be
abbreviated with NO Food and NO Parade
- National FOP: The National FOP "Journal" has transitioned into a fully electronic version of the magazine. Membership in the FOP continues to climb nationally and has grown
by 5,000% since January 2019. The rollout of the free FOP mobile app has been somewhat successful, but there are still many members that are unaware of it or have not yet taken advantage. It is
available as "NFOP" in the App Store and Google Play. National President Yoes and the Grand Lodge has been workinghard to improve the ways to get information out to the membership.
The National FOP continues to offer benefits for the membership to avail themselves of. They are listed on the National FOP website at www.fop.net.
- National FOP Covid-19 Information: The FOP continues to maintain a dedicated website, www.fopcovid19.org, with updates on
relevant news for our members.
- Chairrman of the Trustees: None
- National Trustees Report: The National FOP has partnered with Aetna to develope a Medicare Advantage Plan for retirees who are Medicare eligible. Complete program info
can be found at fop.aetnamedicare.com. The "Officer Wellness" section is featured in the recently established "fopcovid19.org" website, and of vital importance is the "Help Lines" area for anyone needing assistance. If any member needs assistance or guidance with
any travel plans to other FOP states, reach out to Mike Nied and he will do his best to contact his fellow National Trustees to assist you. New York receives numerouse requests for similar assistance
from many other states and we have been successful in assisting those brothers and sisters. Please don't hesitate to send me an email at email@example.com or text/call @ (631) 383-1310. For a complete current PDF "National Trustee Report" from NY Trustee, Mike Nied, go to DOWNLOADS/FORMS on this website.
- State FOP Scholarship Committee: Scholarship Fund will be on the State website and can be downloaded. Must be a member's child. For each scholarship per lodge, a donation of $250
from the lodge and the State will match the $250. Requirments will be on the State website. You can also download the 2021 Scholarship Form here: Go to DOWNLOADS/FORMS on this website.
- Treasurers Report: Sterling Bank, PAC, Investments and Long Term Liability were on report.
- NYS Conference: None
- National FOP Conference: The site of the 2021 Biennial Conference will be in Indianapolis, Indiana and is scheduled for August 15th - 19th, 2021. There are 12 hotels in the
immediate area of the convention center with over 16,000 rooms available. We will be getting more information from the Host Lodge at the April Spring Board of Trustees & State Presidents'
- Guest Speaker: None
- Next State Trustee's Meeting: TBD
The State also wanted to remind members about the Copyright of the FOP logo. If you make anything with the FOP logo you must obtain permission.
The State will be conducting audits of the lodge paperwork. One of the main issues they will be checking is to see if the member has
submitted a copy of his or her law enforcement ID active or retired. This has become an issue with the insurance company that holds the AD & D life insurance policy for the FOP. If a member has
passed away and a claim is filed for the insurance the lodge must produce a copy of the members signed application as well as a copy of his or her active or retired photo ID. If the lodge does not
have this the claim will be turned down. So if the member has not yet submitted a copy of his or her ID please do so at once. If you are an associate member you must submit a copy of your drivers
Remember to always check the State Lodge website at www.nysfop.org and Lodge 81 website at www.nysfop81.org for additional information about
any upcoming events, meetings dates etc.
State Trustee Lodge 81