On Wednesday, September 26, 2018, I attended the monthy State Board meeting at the NYS FOP Headquarters in Hicksville. Several issues were discussed.
- FOP Plates Program: None
- Good of the Lodge: Lodge 128: Nassau Fire Marshals are honoring Mike Essig. Lodge 127: Stu Levine discusses the LEOSA deadline that is approaching. Lodge 317: Lomanto thanks
President Essig and the FOP for their support toward the retired Transit Police Officers. Reverend Miranda tells the Trustees that we have a Chaplains Lodge and any member can contact them at any
- NYS FOP: Amendments to the Constitution & By-laws voted on (All Approved), Lodge website must be authorized. Use of the FOP LOGO, and or the use of NEW YORK STATE FOP, must be
approved by Secretary, Lauren Holtz or Andrew Bittner: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Sec. Holz explains that a vendor contract is in development and will be used moving forward with merchants that want to be official vendors.Hall Rentals: February 2017 to September 2018 we
have made $7825. From January 2009 to now, we have made $63,000. Lyme Energy: The Executive Board has concluded that it would be in the best interest of the FOP that the matter be closed at this
time. Thank You.
- The FOP Legislative Committee: NO Lodge can make a political endorsement. All recommendations will go through our Legislative Committee and the final call will be made by our lobbist Bob
- Charity Committee: Toy Drive: We would appreciate support for our Toy Drive. Make checks to the NYSFOP Foundation. A Thank You letter from Sloan Kettering for our donation of $10,000 plue
$300 from Cigar Night T-Shirts.
- Survivor's Aide: There were 13 names on the report including our very own Patricia Campo from Lodge 81. It was accepted by all in favor. No Nays.
- State FOP Foundation: None
- National Memorial: None
- NYS Memorial: EVP Joe McGarry thanks everyone who helped with the Memorial. We had about 400 people attend.
- National FOP: NT Nied and President Essig are reviewing contract for our hotels for the conference in New Orleans on August 12-15th of 2019. We are looking to stay close
to the convention.
- Presidents Report: President Essig dedicated the meeting to Treasurer O'Brien and VP Marsh mothers who passed awaythis year. Preseident Canterbury wrote a letter against Nike. Sec. Holz
states that Lodges 704, 346, and 9 need to work with National to get their taxes filed properly. Disaster Relief: The trailer was ready to head down south. We were not needed. DC Lodge 1 was the
first to respond. ID Cards: Active and Family will increase to $20.Cards will not be issued until the beginning of December.
- Chairman of the Trustees: Chairman Bermudez states that we have a quorum. Thanks Trustees who attended and will adress any of their concerns.
- National Trustees Report: The National FOP's longest serving National Trustee, Jim Crowley of Utah, passed away this past November 3rd after a long battle with brain
cancer. The voting order of the staes were conducted by lottery, NY will be voting 41st. Discussion on Staes recruitment efforts and the good work in NY. Dicussion on Grand Lodge mobile app.
Dicussion of admission costs and the concerns of the National FOP of the Museum's sustainability and possible impact on the Memorial Wall. Please don't hesitate to send me an
email at email@example.com or text/call @ (631) 383-1310.
- State FOP Scholarship Committee: 30 members applied, 4 were disqualified. 15 are receving reports.
- Treasurers Report: Sterling Bank, PAC, Investments and Long Term Liability were on report.
- NYS Conference: None
- Guest Speaker: None
- Next State Trustee's Meeting: Thursday, December 6, 2018 Holiday meeting
The State also wanted to remind members about the Copyright of the FOP logo. If you make anything with the FOP logo you must obtain permission.
The State will be conducting audits of the lodge paperwork. One of the main issues they will be checking is to see if the member has
submitted a copy of his or her law enforcement ID active or retired. This has become an issue with the insurance company that holds the AD & D life insurance policy for the FOP. If a member has
passed away and a claim is filed for the insurance the lodge must produce a copy of the members signed application as well as a copy of his or her active or retired photo ID. If the lodge does not
have this the claim will be turned down. So if the member has not yet submitted a copy of his or her ID please do so at once. If you are an associate member you must submit a copy of your drivers
Remember to always check the State Lodge website at www.nysfop.org and Lodge 81 website at www.nysfop81.org for additional information about
any upcoming events, meetings dates etc.
State Trustee Lodge 81
On a Personal Note: Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a Happy New Year