On Thursday, June 17, 2021, I attended the monthy State Board meeting at the NYS FOP Headquarters in Hicksville. Several issues were discussed.
- FOP Plates Program: The License Plate Program is going strong
- Good of the Lodge: Executive Vice President, Joe McGarry will be retiring for personal reasons. Is your Lodge celebrating a milestone anniversary this year? Please let me, Mike Nied
know as far in advance as possible via an email, firstname.lastname@example.org so that I may request the National Lodge issue a specail certificate to be
sent to you to commemorate the occasion.
- NYS FOP: A Committee will be formed to examine lodges, Secretary, Lauren Holtz will be Chairperson. NYSFOP has a new website, www.nysfop.org. Make sure you go to members registration to register to receive MEMBERS ONLY information.
- The FOP Legislative Committee: NO Lodge can make a political endorsement. All recommendations will go through our Legislative Committee and the final call will be made by our
lobbist Bob Unger. Under the NY "Safe Act", members were reminded that a Health Professional is able to pull your firearm.
- Charity Committee: None
- Survivor's Aide: 20 Survivor's Aid claims paid. Lodges must submit a list of members over the age of 62 (For survivors aide purposes) to make sure there is (NO break in
- State FOP Foundation: None
- National Memorial: Washington Police Week will be October 13 thru October 17, 2021
- NYS Empire State Police Officer Memorial: This years Memorial at State Headquarters will be on Saturday, May 1, 2021. It will NOT be like those in the past. It will be
abbreviated with NO Food and NO Parade
- National FOP: The National FOP "Journal" has transitioned into a fully electronic version of the magazine. Membership in the FOP continues to climb nationally and has grown
by 5,000% since January 2019. The rollout of the free FOP mobile app has been somewhat successful, but there are still many members that are unaware of it or have not yet taken advantage. It is
available as "NFOP" in the App Store and Google Play. National President Yoes and the Grand Lodge has been workinghard to improve the ways to get information out to the membership.
The National FOP continues to offer benefits for the membership to avail themselves of. They are listed on the National FOP website at www.fop.net.
- National FOP Covid-19 Information: The FOP continues to maintain a dedicated website, www.fopcovid19.org, with updates on
relevant news for our members.
- Chairrman of the Trustees: None
- National Trustees Report: National Trustee Nominations were held and Mike Nied was unopposed and was Re-Elected as NY National Trustee. Please don't hesitate to send me
an email at email@example.com or text/call @ (631) 383-1310. For a complete current PDF "National Trustee Report" from NY Trustee, Mike
Nied, go to DOWNLOADS/FORMS on this website.
- State FOP Scholarship Committee: There were seven (7) scholarship winners from various lodges. Scholarship Fund will be on the State website and can be downloaded. Must be a
member's child. For each scholarship per lodge, a donation of $250 from the lodge and the State will match the $250. Requirments will be on the State website. You can also download the 2021
Scholarship Form here: Go to DOWNLOADS/FORMS on this website.
- Treasurers Report: None
- NYS Conference: None
- National FOP Conference: The site of the 2021 Biennial Conference will be in Indianapolis, Indiana and is scheduled for August 15th - 19th, 2021. There are 12 hotels in the
immediate area of the convention center with over 16,000 rooms available. We will be getting more information from the Host Lodge at the April Spring Board of Trustees & State Presidents'
- Guest Speaker: None
- Next State Trustee's Meeting: TBD
The State also wanted to remind members about the Copyright of the FOP logo. If you make anything with the FOP logo you must obtain permission.
The State will be conducting audits of the lodge paperwork. One of the main issues they will be checking is to see if the member has
submitted a copy of his or her law enforcement ID active or retired. This has become an issue with the insurance company that holds the AD & D life insurance policy for the FOP. If a member has
passed away and a claim is filed for the insurance the lodge must produce a copy of the members signed application as well as a copy of his or her active or retired photo ID. If the lodge does not
have this the claim will be turned down. So if the member has not yet submitted a copy of his or her ID please do so at once. If you are an associate member you must submit a copy of your drivers
Remember to always check the State Lodge website at www.nysfop.org and Lodge 81 website at www.nysfop81.org for additional information about
any upcoming events, meetings dates etc.
State Trustee Lodge 81